Centamin is committed to safeguarding the environment and managing potential impacts on water, land, climate, air quality and biodiversity, and engaging stakeholders on effective solutions. This includes a commitment to avoid, minimise, mitigate and/or remediate our impacts on the environment, and to maintain overall ecosystem health and resilience in the areas in which we operate.
WE AIM TO PREVENT, CONTROL AND MITIGATE OUR IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT AND HELP TO EDUCATE OUR WORKFORCE ON WAYS TO IMPROVE RESOURCE USAGE
Centamin’s approach to environmental management is set out in our Environmental Policy, which commits Centamin to:
- Comply as a minimum with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements of the countries in which we operate
- Ensure environmental risks and opportunities are captured in the Company’s risk management framework
- Set measurable performance targets to drive accountability and improve environmental performance
- Assess and monitor our impacts and conduct periodic reviews of environmental performance
- Be transparent in communicating our environmental performance to stakeholders.
The policy is supported at the operational level by a Management Systems Standard and tailored Environmental Management Plan that considers the regulatory context of the country and unique environmental risks specific to each site.