Sustainable development considerations form an integral part of our business plan and decision making processes. Centamin is committed to working with the highest level of respect for our employees, the communities and environments in which we operate, while pursuing value for our shareholders. We expect every one of our employees to uphold our core value of honesty and integrity as well as maintain a safe work place, respect for the environment and respect for people.
We are mindful we are setting the example for responsible mining activities. We are committed to:
- Health and Safety: The safety and well-being of our employees;
- Employees: The development of our employees;
- Community: Maintaining positive relationships with our community;
- Economic Contribution: Employees, suppliers and government; and
- Environmental: Protecting our environment.
We strive to maintain high standards of sustainability performance, meeting and when practical exceeding relevant legal requirements. To find out more, please view Centamin's Corporate Social Responsibility Statement in the 2015 Annual report and the Code of Conduct.